Wednesday, April 28, 2010

PINK { or my lack thereof }

i love pink and with four little boys it has been absent from my life....especially my home decor. So I kate christensen vow today, that someday in my near future I will have my pink room. Whether it be my personal closet, a craft room, or just mama's 'Girlie' room. And I wont be able to wait to share it with my girls(kindreds). Until then, here is what I'm dreaming of......

houndstooth + pink = love the curtains

love the pink + that pop of yellow chair

ultimate sewing room

all the single ladies....all the single ladies (should have this room)

this is how i have been dealing with my lack of pink: a big pink peony(fave flower) bouquet on white

prettiest pink cake i've ever seen....love my sugar

how much do i secretly want that pink kitchenaid mixer?

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I would be baking all day in that kitchen...in a full skirt, heels, and June Cleaver pearls :). I love the creamy polka dot cupcake plaque over the sink. My favorite room was the sewing room. (Possibly because I wish I could sew??) That wall was a livable pink, I think. Warm and happy and I can't say how much I love the pops of color. I loved the turquoise and goldy-yellow, but the green chandelier is brilliant!

Thanks for sharing. Your blog is great as always. Where did you find all those fabulous rooms?

Anonymous said...

for sure you need a pink room kate! what has taken you so long :) hope you have a great mother's day! you have such a beautiful family to be proud of!

Brooke said...

I love all your recent posts...especially this one! The pink peony's are breathtaking in the white vase....wow!