Monday, April 27, 2009

Fell Off

Hey friends...sorry that I fell off for awhile. I am pregnant and therefore don't really feel like I have any business talking fashion! I am stuck in a world that consists of wearing my husbands Tshirts and my last-time-around's maternity selection. I haven't had any desire to shop for clothes lately as I am in total denial of my ever expanding waist. I don't want to address the issues of my doughy body yet....I am still just beyond four months along! Too soon to be wearing maternity, but not comfortable wearing MY wardrobe...so I've just been stuck in a fashion coma for the last little bit.

IF anyone has any new and fresh ideas for a pregnant girl to wear during her summer pregnancy months, please let me know. I need some great tips to get me out of my rut! I was talking to a friend who told me straight up..."There really is NO such thing as a hot pregnant chick. Just a lot of admiration for the girls who give 'looking good' the best try and effort." She then said, "Even Angelina Jolie in her giant Muumuu on the red carpet was a tragic look, but you have to give her props for her valiant effort on the red carpet." So funny, but sadly kind of true. I HAVE seen cute and fabulous pregnant women, however...after three tries, I have found that I don't really do it well. My face looks swollen from the first month in and I never get that magical GLOW.

So I need help. Please send me your helpful tips and fashion ideas!!! I will be SO grateful!

5 comments:

amelia said...

A POST!!!! Way to go SIS! You kill me, you look gorgeous--a total sexy pregnant chick! If anyone's doughy it's ME! Hang in there, it won't last forever!

Janelle said...

First of all, congratulations! I am right there with ya, babe! Apparently blogging isn't fun once you're preggo because I've slacked for months, lol. I say summer is all about the dresses. I've found some cute, sporty ones for everyday at Motherhood. They are heaven at this point (8 mos along) because there aren't any bands cinching me anywhere. Since you aren't that far along, yet you could probably get by non-maternity babydoll or empire styles. Lucky you! Also, I've loved wearing heels with all 3 pregnancies, I think it makes a difference in feeling less frumpy.

April Cobb said...

I am sure that you look way better than you think you do. You have that glow, I am POSITIVE. But I know from experience that as other people see the glow, the prego lady just feels chubs. Hang in there.

Jan Russell said...

You have the height to be an adorable pregnant person! I'm not even 5ft, and talk about showing early!!! My secret weapon has been Lil' Maggie jeans by Lucky, I can still wear my regular size because they are so low rise :) I also have a lot of trapeze/flowy tops that work well for this in between stage!

I am 17 weeks, I think we must be due right around the same time! Yay! We found out we are expecting our third boy! When will you know? SO HAPPY for you!

Joy said...

I wish I could help you but I am tragic when I am pregnant. You are so darling, I am sure you can pull anything off!